V2.1 - by yours truly
Monday, January 4, 2010
That's a Load of Crock!
Dinner for two, low on food. How do I deal?
Thanks to my sister and her hubby for the lovely Christmas gift of a crock pot. I am now able to pull a meal basically out of my ass.

I was looking in my pantry and saw I had very little food. The cupboards are pretty much bare, a few bulbs of garlic, half a sack of potatoes, a can of tomato pizza sauce. Not much to make a meal out of I thought. But I was thinking, I could make a tomato style soup in my new crock pot! I put the can of sauce in the crock pot, added a few cups of water to thin it out a smidgen. Chopped up garlic and four big potatoes. Added some seasonings, Rosemary, Thyme, Parsley. Found some tabasco peppers and jalapeño hot sauce in the fridge, chopped the peppers and poured about two tablespoons of the sauce in. I then mixed it around a little and turned that baby on for four hours. Still waiting on the results but man does it smell spectacular. I plan on making grilled cheese to go with. Also a sprinkle of cheddar won't hurt the flavor of the soup.

That right there is what I call poor mans meal. Makin' something out of nothing!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment